Monday, August 30, 2010

More Language Learning


Joelle has been absolutely adorable lately as she processes all this Spanish that goes on all around her. Today I took her to the little Tienda and Papeleria by our house (store and school supply store). We only needed a few things and we try to buy a couple things local each week to support our local neighbors. Which they in turn are very patient with speaking to us in Spanish. They also help me out when I'm about to buy bleach instead of floor cleaner like I almost did today. Joelle was in the Papelaria and saying "Esta, Esta, Esta, Esta" (This, this, this, this) pointing to everything she wanted. She shouted several times today "Ayudame!" (Help Me!) She amazes me at how she goes about her day babeling in Spanish! Doce, once, ayudame, No se, Como esta no! (12, 11, help me, I don't understand, how are you, no)! She has several people call her "bonita" (beautiful), so she uses that word quite a bit as well. On the other end she has been mean to her teacher, Miss Paty. She hasn't always been obeying and has been a major drama queen!


It's been interesting watching how each of the kids process all the information. It's overwhelming to me so I understand that it has to be for them as well. I feel like I'm understanding more and more, but on the other end I feel I'm so far away from grasping it. You can feel encouraged one moment that your getting it and then the next utter defeat! David is still determined to learn Spanish in 3 months and his Spanish teacher is working really hard to help make that a reality. I'm working really hard to stay ahead/keep up with him. Edan is going along for the ride. He doesn't seem to be making any attempt, but I'm sure he won't be able to help but learn Spanish. He's just calmer about learning it then everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment