Sunday, October 31, 2010

Beginning to See the Light!

I finally feel like we are coming out of a very difficult transition for our family. We have now been here three months. I still face culture shock and culture stress, I still struggle with the language, but we are moving past many things that were such a head ache to us.

It's been so nice to be in a house that has a little more space for the kids to play and Brian and I to have some time alone. When we were struggling with living in a noisey little box house, with bars on the windows and no place for the kids to go outside; I would struggle with such mixed emotions. I would have feelings that I should be content, bitterness for the sittuation, an overwhellming desire for peace and many more!

The other day I was reading in my Bible and this verse stood out to me and made me laugh. Isaac had been digging wells and people from that country would come and tell him it was their water and he would move on to dig another well. Finally he finds a place where there was peace and room and no one fighting over his water. He says, "Now the LORD has given us room and we will flourish in the land" (Genesis 26:22b).

I feel very similar. Now that LORD has given us room, we will flourish in this land. Sometimes you need a little space, especially in a big city. It's not like we live in a mansion now, it's only a two bedroom home. We don't have a yard, but we have one that's shared that we can use. I can tell you that it is night and day different to where we were. We can actually have a refreshing weekend and get ready to minister the next week.

1 comment:

  1. praising the Lord with you! don't you love how He answers through His Word? such a sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete