Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sunny Days to Rainy Days







One thing I must not forget putting on is SUN BLOCK! I need to put it on whether I think I'm going to be in the sun or not! I'm teaching a basketball elective to the Junior High girls. They go over to this club for PE and electives. Seeing I'm from Indiana, when I think about going to a athletic club to play basketball I think about the courts being inside and not needing sun block. Luckly we came to Mexico in the summer when I did have a slight tan, but I still got a little red in the face. Saturday we went to this really cool park. It was a wooded park similar to a state park. Of course I'm thinking woods sun block. I brought the insect repelent which we ended up not needing and forgot to add the sun block. That is one of the necessities I need to add to our adventure backpack. Along with that I need to add toliet paper and hand sanitizer and $1 pesos, but I'm learning.









We ended up making a friend at the park. Her husband is one of the pro-soccer players here. She was from the United States and her husband is from Mexico. They have a little boy Joelle's age and we spent the day with them. They showed us how to feed squirels (David and Joelle feed many, many squirrels before Edan would man up. I finally held his hand to the tree and wouldn't let go.), took us to the lake to feed the ducks and this Japenese garden to feed the fish and we shared a few popcycles together. She sounded like she really wanted to get together soon and gave us her information!












The last few days have been more like what I imagined the rainy season to be like, raining all day. It usually seems to only rain in the evenings. I found out how difficult it can be to have half the school outside. I heard that day one of the public schools in the area got canceled because of the rain! Can you imagine that! It wasn't raining that hard just a constant drizzle. We finally got good use out of the rain jackets we bought before we came.

No comments:

Post a Comment