Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Eggs!




Why do I have a pictures of a warped eggs?




Many things are different in Mexico and eggs are just one of them. When you go to buy eggs in Mexico you will never find them in a refridgerator. At least I have never found them yet in one. This concerned me for I have never found them sold where they were not stored in a fridge in the US.




You might ask for a dozen eggs and the store clerk will pick from bin of eggs and hand you a bag or you might get a dozen eggs with just the bottom part of the egg carton covered in plastic.




It's not uncommon to find misshapened eggs. I often wonder how it is possible for an egg to be so oddly shappen. While I have seen eggs in many different shades of brown to white, I have only see egg shaped in the common egg shape. Here that has not been the case. I wonder what kind of chicken did this egg come from to possibly be so irreguallarly shaped. How in the world does that happen?




On a side note, I am feeling much better. Unfortuanatly David needed another antibiotic. He has not had a single antibiotic in his whole 7 years of life and now in Mexico 2. I think all our bodies are undergoing some changes. I am glad that medication and doctor visits are much cheaper here as well.




Another side note, if you have notice that my spelling has gotten worse that is because now that we are in Mexico our spellcheck is in Spanish. Unfortunately that means everyone is now aware that I am a terrible speller.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting about eggs. Growing up, we just got eggs from the barn...nice & warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I read somewhere that eggs don't have to be refrigerated unless they are as soon as they are retrieved from the chicken. So, i think as long as the eggs don't go back & forth from room temp to cool, you're good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marty! I always wondered if it was okay. Although I don't know when the stores get the eggs.

    Carlie, did you ever see really warped eggs when you got them from the chicks?

    ReplyDelete