Friday, July 2, 2010

The What Ifs?

As I prepare for the trip, my head tends to be filled with the What ifs? What if we have a hard time finding a good place to live? What if we run into snags driving down through Mexico? What if our kids have a hard time adjusting? What if we have a hard time building relationships or learning the language? What if I am not up for the task ahead? What if we have financial issues? What if? What if? What if?

I started to think about my faith and why it tends to be full of these types of questions. As I was thinking through this it struck me that God never has a "what if" moment. His plan for me never has a "what if" any where in it. I think every believer can take solace in this truth. He knows the answer to every question of my family's voyage. That should give me comfort during my "what if" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment