Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Long and Winding Road

So it began! The first step of many steps on the journey. It was such a relief to drive away from Indianpolis last night. While we were saddened about the many family and friends we have said goodbye to, we are also excited about the journey ahead. After the months of preperation and work to get ready for this move, we finally got the first feel of the wind in our hair. The first day was pretty uneventful as we primarily drove at night with the goal of just getting some miles behind us. Today we have a day of activities planned.

On a personal note, I spent most of the drive listening to my IPOD as Joy read. I was struck by the words of the song "Lead me to the Cross". The songwriter pleads, "all the things I once held dear, I now count loss." I started praying that as we waved goodbye to Indiana. The upcoming transition will provide us with great experiences, but also challenge us with things we would never have to deal with in the states. I just pray that I would not let my heart be held captive to the creature comforts of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment