Saturday, May 28, 2011

Waiting for the Rain

We are towards the end of the very long dry season in Mexico.  It has only rained a few drops since around October.  We are told any day it will start raining again.  The forcast often shows that it is going to rain, yet it doesn't.  Sometimes it even shows that it is raining and it's not.  It's been unbearably hot and extreemly difficult to sleep over the last couple weeks.  Today it started sprinkling for a few seconds and my children ran inside jumping up and down yelling, "It's raining! It's raining!"  I ran to the window to open it, hoping for the rain that would bring the nice cool breaze with it.  I notice the few,  I mean insignificantly few, drops coming down.  They yelled, "Can we play in the rain!"  I'm thinking, What rain? "Yeah sure!" I laughed.  How we are looking for the rain!  How we want and need the rain!

This year has had it's rainy seasons and dry seasons spiritually for me as well.  I have had moments that I've been poured on,  I've been stretched and have grown tremendously.  Then there have been months and months of extreemly dry weather waiting for God.  Going to "spanish lessons" on Sunday and not church, because of the lack of understanding.  I have been crying out for different students who are headed down the wrong path, fighting indifference, at times throwing my hands up in the air because I have no clue, facing many obstacles and frustrations, waiting and hoping to see the rain.  To see God at work.  Like a farmer there have been many seeds planted this year.   I have seen God work little by little, but I would love to see a down pour!

We have 5 weeks before the school years out and I'm waiting and hoping for the rain.  I trust it will come whether I get to see it or not.  It will come. 

By the way it just started pouring!  Hopefully it's a reflection of what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment