Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Patience

I talked on my last blog post about lacking in patience and I got an interesting comment from one of my students today.  The class was a last period class.  (Never good, worse in the heat and terrible after a half day or any type of break)  The class was really, honestly... a disaster.  At least half the class was not listening.  Those kids of course were the ones failing my easy class and it was impertinent that they listened.  Anyways, we finally get to the end of the class and one of my students said to me, “How are you so patient?”  I’m laughing on the inside!  She quickly says, “Well I guess you’re a mom of three kids”.  I told her that I really struggle in this area.  I use to think of myself as a fairly patient person, until I came to Mexico.  Now it’s been something I really have to work on every day.   She said, “If I were you I would have run away!”  I chuckled and said, “Sometimes I think about it.”  I guess I should be encouraged that I am improving.  I don’t think she would have said that at the beginning of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment