Friday, January 21, 2011

Rediscovering Scripture Meditation

One of my personal goals in coming here was rebuilding my prayer life, Scripture memory, and meditation. I have to say with shame that I had allowed the busyness of my life, "demands" of my job, and general bleakness of my Spirit to let those things move to a less important part of my life over the last couple of years. Much of God's direction in leading me here, I believed, was to rediscover Him afresh. He has not dissapointed.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have again begun to understand the treasures and beauty of spending time meditating on the Truth of the Bible that I had long forgotten. About a month, after we arrived here, I told Joy "I feel God leading me to memorize 1 Timothy". This was probably in September. Two weeks ago I started this journey (quite obedient). I have paired this time with my daily long walks through Guadalajara and the surrounding Colonias. I had forgotten what I had been missing for too long. These truly have become the most anticipated and gratifying times of my day the last two weeks. I will often find myself walking for over an hour just lost in thought and truth of God's written Word.

With this being said, I realized today that I need to start recording these fresh truths and glorious times. Like all times, here and today will eventually fade away, as will my peaceful walk through Guadalajara, but Scripture truths learned will endure forever. I am going to star a little side blog on our blog here called "Walking with Timothy". It for the most part will just be a rambling of truth and thoughts that God has brought me to on the daily Scripture. Changes he is brining about in me personally. I am keeping it seperately from the blog so you don't have to be overwhelmed with it daily if you choose not to. For those of you interested, I would love your feedback, how these daily verses have impacted your life over time, or "fellow walkers" with Timothy.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best in your desire to honor God in Scripture meditation. My favorite website for Scripture memory is www.memverse.com

    In Christ, Phil Walker

    ReplyDelete