Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goals

We have had family this week so I haven't had much time to post.  It's been good running them around and showing them Mexico. 

Tonight I have been reading some of my friends blogs and many of them have put up New Year resolutions.  I never give much thought to New Year resulotions.  I like the fact that each day if I mess up I can start over not having to wait for the next year.  Therefore I can make a resolution any time or day of the year.  I like the verse Lamentations 3:22-23 "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  (English Standard Version) It's nice to know that no matter how many times I mess up God is always faithful to love me and show me undeserved mercy.

That being said it probably is good to set goals for yourself.  Last year my goal was to finish my degree after a dozen years and three babies later I can now say I have my degree.  There is also something to telling someone your goals.  At least for me it pushes me to that next level.  I'm much more likely to succeed and accomplish it if I know I've told several other people what I want to accomplish.  I don't want them to know I'm a big failure.  So here are my two goals for 2011. 

1. Learn Spanish
2. Make the MOST of my opportunities here in Mexico, including learning from those around me. 


Those are pretty big goals so I better leave it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment