Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year's Perspective

This morning as I was walking from school to my house I saw three different individuals with wheelbarrows or carts going from house to house collecting whatever they could from the garbage cans on the street. While most were from a distance, I did end up walking by one woman who was pulling out a peice of what looked like half eaten "Rosca de Reyes" (See previous post) to take with her. The sight of it broke my heart and honestly sickened my stomach.

It is in these moments that you really are struck with a sense of perspective in life. Frivolous thoughts that fill our lives and time become embarrassments. For most of us reading this, even worries over money became foolish at best. We realize that the meaning of the words "just getting by" take on very different meanings for us then they do for other people. I personally begin to wonder how my abundance can support their lack of. I don't always now the answer to that question, but I know it is a question worth continuing to ask.

Maybe it's worth a resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment