Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eyes watching.

Today for the first time I felt the very negative feeling of being a minority.  I had a security officer follow me back and forth, back and forth in the store.  I had ran in to get some more medicine for Edan.  This is the first time this has ever happened to me.  I know that this happens to many people all the time because the way they look or the color of their skin.  While I have felt watched many times before because we are the foreigners it has never really been in a negative way.  I thought, wow, so this is what it feels like.  I can't imagine having this happen ALL the time.  I would get pretty sick of it.

1 comment:

  1. yeah...i've had that experience a few times here in a few circles. but now we can understand a bit better all the african american & hispanic in our area. can't believe how it would feel to have that all the time.

    ReplyDelete