Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tortoise and the Hare Household fight!


We are having a little healthy competition in our house. At least it hasn’t gotten out of hand just yet! I am way ahead of Brian in my knowledge of the Spanish language. I’m enjoying being better at Brian in something (That rarely happens). I do not want to give that up. We were at a Mexican store a few weeks ago and I was the one who could (barely) speak to the store clerk. I felt like my hard work was paying off.


Brian has decided he is going to try and pass me in the language learning department. His goal specifically is to be ahead in the Rosetta Stone that we are doing by the time we leave in 5 weeks. Right now I am on Level 2, Unit 3 lesson 4 and he just started. I am determined not to let him beat me! But he is becoming a computer hog!


This competition has also encouraged David and Edan to join in trying to keep ahead of daddy. So they have been both trying to squeeze time which leaves me fighting for 5 minutes and sneaking up when people are watching TV. But I’m not going to let them beat me! Brian said that I might have been the hare and zipped out in front, but the tortoise is in the race now. I said no I’m the tortoise. I have been working on it for years. You are the hare that thinks he can quickly slide in and win the race, but is WRONG! All kidding aside I’m glad that they are trying hard to beat me. It will be good to be able to help each other out in Mexico. Will the tortoise or the hare win? Or one of the other little critters that have joined the race? Only time will tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment