Monday, June 28, 2010

The Day the TV Died!

Today we got rid of the TV. We made this decision as we are not going to have a TV in Mexico and felt that it would make the transition easier if we went at least a month without it here in preparation. Now that the US has been eliminated from the World Cup I felt there was really no reason not to get rid of it. You think something like this wouldn't be a big deal. I never considered myself a huge TV watcher. For those of you who know me, the only shows I really tune into are Top Chef and the Office. However, last night I felt a shiver go down my spine as I walked into the family room, looked to my right and saw......nothing! This was a pattern that I continued throughout the night. It is amazing that I seem to have created an internal need to Tune Out at night. I come to realize that this change might be harder then I thought and better for me then I had originally realized. It is amazing how only when you get rid of things in your life that you begin to realize the pull they had on you. I sit here today, a little disoriented, thinking of what I might be missing in the World Cup games and humming the lyrics to American Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment