Friday, April 1, 2011

A Frustrating End to a Fun Day

Today was filled with the usual April Fool's day jokes.  Although in Mexico April Fool's day is not until December 29th (Obviously it's not called "April fools Day"), but their teachers are Americans.  We were terible today!  We got the dean of discipline to come in and tell the students the trip to the amusement park today was cancelled due to water issues.  We got a student to pretend to forget something and take another student off the bus to go back and get it and then the bus left.  I was the one that waited for the students and pretended to call the other teachers to tell them we were left.  The two I was with came out with perfect timing as the bus drove away.

There was one that I thought was a joke from my husband.  He told me he left both of our cameras at the boys basketball game.  I thought for sure he was joking because I didn't even see the camera at the game.  He never took it out to take pictures.  And I know he didn't have it when I took Joelle to the restroom.  He said that he asked someone to call.  I thought sure.  Good one.  Then after school when the school secretary told me that she hasn't heard yet anything about our camera, I finally realized it truely wasn't a joke.  I went home and searched for them, but never found them.  Hopefully it will show up at lost in found or something.  It had all our pictures from Mexico.  We have uploaded some of them, but I never uploaded many to snapfish or  the internet because it moves really slow here and it takes forever. 

Then at the amusement park the kids were told it would be a good idea only to take in money for food and drink, nothing else.  Their leaders would have bags if they needed to put their suckers in it.  (They were passing out verse cards with suckers.)  That did not happen.  Most of the girls chose to bring in a bag. Then the girls were all wanting to go on rides and didn't want to carry their purses or waters.  So I waited watching there stuff for several rides.  They decided to go on the log ride and all gave me their stuff.  I had 4 total bags and two jackets.  I was sitting outside the ride and one random stranger asked me to hang on to their IPOD touch.  (I must look trust worthy.)  After the log ride they ran to the next ride because we only had thrity minutes left.  I began to pass back their things as they were trying to run through the line.  I called for the girls to get their stuff, but one girl was already in the front of the line for her next ride.  Two different girls wanted me to go on a ride that was right next door to this ride.  So I clipped one of the girls camera to the other girls bag and gave it to her friend.  I told her to give this to her friend that ran to the front.   When the rides where done the bag was no where to be found.  Frustrating.  I think that the one girl that lost her bag kind of felt like it was my fault.   We searched.  It had only been maybe 5 minutes since we realized it was gone and I think someone already stole it.  So frustrating. 

This is so typical.  I had a busy, but good week.  It was prayer week and it went really well.  Yesterday was such an amazing day.  I had thought it was so great to go into my weekend like this.  We were only going on a field trip today so I figured it would be pretty easy, then the weekend!  Now it's hard to move past this feeling of frustration.  It's amazing how 5 minutes can make a huge negative impact on your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment