Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Power of Negative Thinking

You know the saying "The power of positive thinking" well, I think there is definately power in negative thinking as well.  It's very powerful and controlling!  The problem is it begins to build into bitterness, discontentment, and frustration.  There are definate times that you need to bring things up and challenge people when you see things that are in need of change.  You see this in Acts 6:1 when some believers went to the apostles because widows where being over looked.  That can be very benificial, the problem arises when you start only seeing the negative. 

The last few weeks have been difficult.  There were things that could not be avoided, but my very wise husband had to check me today, telling me that now I needed to start focusing on the positive.  If I didn't then the negative would eat me up and spit me out.  Okay those weren't exactly his words, but my paraphrase.  I knew he was right.  I now need to turn my attention back on being a joyful positive person. 

Here are some of my positive out looks for the day.

1.  I love my 6-2 class they are so great!  They are so much fun and have a great spirit about them!

2.  I had a really great time of prayer with one of the teachers today.

3.  Even on a overcast morning in Mexico it is STILL beautiful!

4.  Brian and I went out for Starbucks today.  We usually get to go out for a few minutes at Starbucks once a week during school.

5.  My husband brought me home a churro!  One of my favorite desserts in Mexico.  (A guy sells them on the street corner a few days a week.) 

6.  We have a three day weekend.

7.  Husband with wisdom in knowing what to say to me.

1 comment: